Monday, April 27, 2009

The Climb


The new song by Miley Cyrus "The Climb" has me in tears every time I hear it and I didn't even see her new movie. But Ian did. He took Ava on Friday night while I was at the Britney Spears concert. Yep, you read that right... I was at the Britney concert. And even Ian admitted that he got a little choked up during the movie. Ahh, so sweet. He went out and bought her the movie soundtrack on Saturday night. What can we say, we love our little girl...we want to give her the best of both worlds, pardon the pun. =) But we know we can't give her EVERYTHING--we can't spoil her and we will not shield her from everything in the world. And if you listen to the lyrics of "The Climb" you know why and that's because as Thomas Paine once stated: "What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value." And the thrills of life are truly felt and appreciated when we reach the mountain top on our own two feet--using our inner strength, intelligence and God given talent to get there. And this is an important life lesson I hope to teach Ava.

No comments: