You all were wondering if I was still alive weren't you? Yes, I'm still around...just having computer issues and I've been lacking the patience to sit here for an extended period of time waiting for pictures to load. And then I thought about shutting this blog down...but then thought again. I know some of my family members and friends who live out of state, check this site often to stay up-to-date on what's going on with Ava. I'll try to at least post something new a few times a month to keep my faithful readers happy!
So, what have we been up to? Lots.
The Graduate
Ava graduated from Pre-K at the beginning of June. This past year Ava has grown up so much and has learned so many new things. We're so proud of her, and happy that we made the decision to keep her at the small private Christian school next year for Kindergarten. Ian and I both feel Ava will continue to benefit greatly from being in a small classroom where the student/teacher ratio is 12:1. We also love that Ava is learning about the bible and all of the important life lessons and beliefs that come with learning about Jesus. We hope it's a great foundation that will help guide her to make good decisions in her life.The Graduate.
The proud parents.
Ava with her Pre-K teacher, Mrs. Mise.
Vegas Baby!
Ian was invited to attend a teacher conference in Las Vegas earlier this week, and Ian was nice enough to invite me and Ava to tag along. We were able to stay at Caesar's Palace for free, and when Ian and Ava checked-in on Sunday, the receptionist upgraded our room to a suite! We were livin large!
So while Ian attended the conference, Ava and I went to the pool @ Caesar's and soaked up some sun, shopped until we dropped at the Forum Shops and checked out the Dolphin Sanctuary & Siegfried & Roy Secret Garden to see the Lions and White Tigers at The Mirage. We also took Ava to Circus Circus to ride some rides, and to the M&M Store (4 floors of M&M stuff). The last day we were there, I took Ava to the Bellagio Hotel to see the water show, but sadly, it was under repair (you'll see her sad face in the picture below). I also took her inside the Bellagio to see the Conservatory & Botanical Gardens. It was gorgeous! Ava thought Vegas was very exciting and fun and she kept yelling "Vegas Baby!"
Our view of the Vegas Strip from our Suite! The lights at night were amazing!
Striking a pose at Caesar's Pool.
Fun @ Circus Circus
Ava really enjoyed selecting all different colors of M&Ms.
(And I've really enjoyed inhaling about half the bag).
Checkin out the dolphins at The Mirage...or were they checking us out?
No water show today...
Ava starts a summer school program next week, which will last for about a month. Ian's home for the summer, and hopefully he'll try to stay busy so I can still get some work done. The month of June is already flying by and soon we'll be packing up the car and heading to cool San Diego for 10 days to play in the ocean. I can't wait to feel the sand between my toes and smell the salty air.
I love summertime...even in HOT Arizona.












1 comment:
So good to see you back on! Ava looks so cute in all the pics.. even the sad face! We are taking the kiddos and other family to Vegas tomorrow. Staying at the Venitian.. look forward to good food, and some wonderful fun! We are not gamblers so we will enjoy the sites and other things. We plan on going to the M & M / Coke factory and seeing some fun animals and pretty flowers! I hope the water show is working now! Thanks for sharing.. oh and if you have not seen mine yet.. we have some photos of the pups up.. they are getting so big but they are fun!
Post a Comment