Thursday, September 15, 2011

Am I Having Fun Yet?

I have to admit...so far in 2011 I've been doing a lot more working & traveling for work than spending time having plain old fun. For the most part, being a responsible adult sucks. But rather than focus on the 80 million trips (I might be exaggerating here just a bit, but you get the point), I've taken to CA over the past 5 months for client onsite work, I'll write about the moments of my life I've actually enjoyed and want to remember.

April 2011-
  • Rented a quaint old (squeeky) cabin in Sedona over the long Easter weekend. Spent lots of time outside hiking and really appreciated the quality time with Ian, Ava and our two pooches.


June 2011-
  • Rocked out with my husband at the Motley Crue/Poison Concert

July 2011-
  • Family Vacation to Disneyland, Beach time in Santa Monica, and celebrated Ava's 6th Birthday! Rode bikes on the boardwalk.





  • Had family photos taken in Santa Monica.


August 2011-
  • Ava's first day of First Grade at a new school.

  • Enjoyed some family time with my SIL, Kelly and my two nephews, Logan and Braden and enjoyed a Diamondbacks game and Waterpark.

September 2011-
  • Rocked out again (old school 80's style) at the Heart/Def Leppard Concert.
  • Spent a few days prior to having to attend a conference for work (over the 10-yr, 9/11 Anniversary) in Washington, D.C. Enjoyed reuniting with one of my best friends from college, Amy and her husband Dave. We had the best time at dinner catching up.
  • Enjoyed a lovely brunch with my cousin Ana Alicia, who just graduated from Georgetown with her Undergraduate degree, and is now getting her Master's from the same school!
  • (I'm REALLY aggravated that I failed to get pictures of myself with Amy & Dave and my cousin Ana Alicia!!!)
  • Ran/walked from my hotel in Foggy Bottom, to the Lincoln Memorial, across the Capital Mall, to the Capital building, to the White House, then back to my hotel. I have no idea how far that was, but I was gone for 3 1/2 hours and I have the blisters on my feet to prove it. It was therapuetic to be lost in my own thoughts and just look at the sights, sounds and people around me. I listened to my i-pod, and probably didn't say a word to anyone the entire time (except when I ordered lunch before heading back to my hotel). I was able to see the new MLK Memorial, which wasn't as impressive or as inspiring as I had hoped it would be, but worth checking out nonetheless.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a much sadder note--I want to pay tribute to a little furry creature named Hailey, an extremely smart Jack Russell Terrier who had a profound impact on my life, and who passed away in the early morning hours on August 19th in my sisters bedroom in Marshfield, WI. My sister and I adopted her together when we lived together right after I graduated from college. My sister and I chose her out of the large litter of her brothers and sisters because of her cool markings and sweet disposition. She lived close to 15 years and I'm so very grateful to have known such an amazing spirit.
I think about you every day and miss you so very much. I know you're at peace in Heaven and watching over me. You were one of the coolest dogs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing and loving. You loved your life and your family.

No comments: