Wednesday, February 24, 2010

M.I.A.

The truth as to why I haven't blogged? I forgot my password, and I've been too busy with work and life to take the time to reset it. Lazy-dazy Jordie.

But I'm back! Here's some of what we've been up to:

Soaking Up Some Sun:
A couple of weekends ago, my sister-in-law, Kelly and my nephews, Logan and Braden escaped the snow in Flagstaff and drove to sunny Phoenix to stay with us for a night. We spent most of the weekend outside because it was amazingly warm. We had such a great time together.

And even though Logan couldn't be his normal active self considering he has a cast all the way up his leg, (broke the bone above his knee while sledding), he never complained and has such a sunny disposition in general. Kelly rented him a wheelchair at the zoo and we cruised around with no problem. Ava loves her cousins so much and really appreciates the time when she has Braden and Logan all to herself.
They are so loving and patient with her.



Spirit Week at Ava's School:
Day 1: Around the World. Ava honored our neighbors to the south, Mexico.

Day 2: Pirate Day- Arrrrr!
This little pirate chose the lovely cowboy boots.


Day 3: Decades. Ava is a hippy from the 60's. I think she looks so grown up in these pictures. =(

The final day of Spirit Week was school pride/crazy hair day.
Picture to be posted soon. Have to download it first. =)

This past Sunday I took Ava to see Mary Poppins @ Gammage Auditorium in Tempe. It was such a great show--we both loved the music, set designs, singing, dancing, and special effects. It was easily one of the best performances I've seen.

Today, Ian volunteered to be a chaperone for Ava's class fieldtrip to the Children's Museum.
I hope he'll take some pictures.

Soccer is now over for Ava. We're not signing her up for another season.
I think we're going to enroll her into gymnastics instead.
Since this coming Saturday will be the first one I'll have free, I'm heading to the Downtown Phoenix Public Market with my neighbor, Michelle. I'm looking forward to getting some coffee and walking around to look at the vendors and buying some goodies. I hope it's a sunny day.

Now, I just need to get through these next couple days of work!

No comments: