Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break- Round One.

Last week was Ian's spring break from school. And Ian's parents, Jim and Sheryl were in town for the week. We love when they come out to visit us because we love hanging out with them and because we know we can count on eating some amazing meals, drinking delicious wine, and drinking lots of coffee. And Ava loves spending time with her grandma and papa.

Unfortunately for me, I had to work during the day,
but still managed to enjoy some wonderful meals and adventures.

As soon as we picked Jim and Sheryl up from the airport,
we headed straight to Chelsea's Kitchen for brunch. We drank refreshing
white sangria, which I highly recommend if you get a chance. And then later that same day, we headed to
My Florist Cafe for dinner. Yes, I'm still full just thinking about all that I ate that day.

The following day it was raining...so we headed out to a dance store to buy Ava new tap shoes and ballet slippers, and then headed to Chandler Fashion Square mall. We had a relaxing lunch at BJ's Pizzeria, and then headed home to watch the Oscars. I was so happy for Sandra Bullock!
She was my pick for best dressed that night.

Tuesday it was still raining for most of the day, so they went to the movies to see 'Alice in Wonderland'. They all loved it. That night we were invited over to our neighbor's house (Beth and Paul) for dinner. We devoured Beth's chicken tortilla casserole. Yummy!

Wednesday--the sun decided to finally make an appearance,
so Ian, his parents, and Ava headed to the zoo.
Later that evening, we went to Wildfish in Scottsdale to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
Ian and I celebrating 9 years of wedded bliss!
Grandma and Ava caught chatting after we inhaled dessert.

I love this picture. Ava took it--she did a good job!

Thursday:
Desert Botanical Gardens- Butterfly Exhibit.
Apparently the butterflys really liked Ava's braides.
That night after Ava's dance class, we met a friend of Sheryl's out for dinner @ True Food Kitchen at The Arizona Biltmore Fashion Park Mall. The food was delicious and so healthy.
It might just be my new favorite place.

Grandpa's Girl. Lucky couldn't get close enough to him. So sweet.
(and yes, that's Ian's foot behind Lucky)

Friday:
I finally had a day off from work, so it was girls day out and we headed to the nail salon,
then to Paradise Bakery for lunch, and then to the mall again
to get a few  items for our photo shoot, scheduled for later that evening.

The photo shoot backdrop:
White Tank Mountain Reserve. The desert is so green right now from all the rain.

Professional photos are forthcoming--we can't wait to see what Erika of Yellow Pear Blog captured of our family. We had so much fun posing and joking around.
Erika was such a good sport and we all really liked her. I'm such a fan of her work.
And I gave her permission to "photoshop" all that she can! Ha!

After the photo shoot, we were all starving, so we headed to Cibo for their amazing pizza and wine. 

Then Saturday arrived way too soon, and we had to say good-bye to grandma and papa. =(
While it is NEVER easy to say good-bye, we are so grateful for the time we do get to spend with Jim and Sheryl. They are the kindest, most generous people I know. And we are so lucky to have them in our lives.
Thank you for a wonderful week.

And in another week, Ava and I will be on a jet plane heading to Minneapolis and then to Marshfield, WI to visit my sister and her family for Spring Break, Round II. Can't wait!

No comments: