Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring Fever

Last weekend my best girlfriend from college (Jen Sanders) was in town with her husband and two kids. They live in the San Francisco area and they were in need of some sunshine, so they booked a villa at The Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa for 5 nights. Not a bad gig if you can get it. What's so great about her staying there (other than the fact that I got to see her) was that she invited Ava and I over to the resort last Sunday to go swimming and have lunch by the pool. Again, not a bad gig. The bad part? I had to get into a bathing suit...and I wasn't quite ready to look at my legs or tummy yet. It was a good reminder though that warm weather is coming fast to the desert and I'd better get out walking in order to fit into my summer wardrobe!



Jen and I also met up for dinner last Friday night at Chelsea's Kitchen. With no husbands or kids--we ate, drank and talked for about 5 hours straight! We decided we needed to plan a get-a-way for just the two of us for 1 or 2 nights at a nice resort once a year, so we can catch-up on each other's lives without being interrupted by our lovely kid/s. We all need a little break from reality and I definitely need more time with my friends.



With the sun shining so brightly here in AZ-- it may be time for a little shopping to freshen up my spring/summer wardrobe. The in-laws will be in town soon for a week-long visit, which means Spring Training games, shopping and lots of yummy dinners out. I need to start fasting now to prepare for their arrival...because not only do Jim and Sheryl enjoy a good meal, they LOVE dessert. And I enjoying hanging out with anyone who loves desserts!



Here's a few items I have my eye on:


Skirt: J. Crew $44.00 (I'll take this in black. Perfect comfy item to throw on with a tank top and flip flops.)Bag: Talbots $249 (I love big bags that I can throw all my junk into and this would go with any outfit.)
Shoes: Talbots $44 (I love the ruffles on the edges--perfect little girly touch.)

Bag: J. Crew Canvas City Tote $68 (a little easier on the wallet, and I love the bright color for Spring)



Necklace: Talbots (don't remember how much it was--but it would sure look cute with just about anything!)
Dress: Ann Taylor Loft (without the boots and scarf--don't need those accessories here in Phoenix!)

Looks like I'll need to clean out my closet to make some room. And Ava's too--because Baby Gap has way too many cute dresses right now that I won't be able to resist buying for Ava. Isn't this one sweet?


1 comment:

ambercarlson said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited that you found my blog! I thought you guys may have moved because I sent you a Christmas Card and it was returned to me! Ava is so big...not to mention a DOLL! Wow! Her and Brooklyn would LOVE playing together! So how are things? How is the old hood?

We are great...obviously graduated from USC and have been in Denver for almost 2 years now.. We love it here, but are missing those warm Phoenix winters! Baby 3 (and final) is due in 2 weeks and I can't wait! We have no idea what it is and the anticipation is killing me!

Tell Ava and Ian hello for us, and I will definitly be checking up on your blog from time to time!

Amber