Okay, enough whining. I'm much too grateful for my life to be depressed for more than two seconds. I'm just going to have to seek out the things in life that make me happy, and keep my eyes on the vacation prize coming my way. Maybe I just need to watch less Fox News. But that won't happen b/c Neil Cavuto, Glenn Beck, and (my beloved) Shep Smith keep me company all day while I work. And I swear I'm getting smarter just listening to them. But the reality of today's economic environment scares and frustrates me. What can I do? Should I be stimulating the economy with my frequent shopping sprees at J. Crew, Nordstrom and Target? Or should I be stockpiling money in my mattress? I'm CONFUSED!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Keeping My Eyes on the Prize
Life can get monotonous. And when it does--I get restless. Don't get me wrong, I'm happiest when I'm home in my pajamas with my family...but there are times when I crave a change of scenery. And I'm feeling that right about now. The good news is I finally booked all of our reservations for our summer vacation to Wyoming. We're going on a road trip, heading north to Salt Lake City, then to Jackson Hole, then on to Yellowstone, and back home. Ten days of Flynn family fun. And thinking of this vacation is the only thing getting me thru my endless days of conference calls, e-mails, corporate politics and everything else that comes with being a working mom and wife. But July is soooo far away and I'm tired and feeling horribly uninspired...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
wow you've got a cute girlie on your hands!
thanks for stopping by. i have a nikon d40x. for those tubbie pics i just used the standard 18-55 mm lens, with the Nikon SB 600 bounce flash. i LOVE the bounce flash because when you *have* to use a flash, it makes your photos look a little more natural without the harsh shadows cast from normal built-in flash that comes with the camera.
we just moved from phoenix. we were there for 6 months during internship. sure miss the warm weather!
Post a Comment