Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Breakin It

This past week was a busy one--but oh, so much fun. Ian's parents were in-town visiting from Memphis, TN for 7 nights, and Ava was so excited to see her Grandma and Papa. And Jim and Sheryl were happy to have time away from their busy jobs at Baptist Hospital and were looking forward to some AZ sunshine. This will always be home for them--and we certainly look forward to the day when they can move back to Phoenix so we can see them more often. Until then, we're just going to have to appreciate these little vacations together.

I'm lucky because I thoroughly enjoy the company of my in-laws. Jim and Sheryl truly enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like a good cup of coffee, a yummy dessert, or a smooth glass of wine. They are just easy to be with. And we had a great time with them as always--and I think we covered each corner of this big city!

Saturday (14th)- After we picked Jim and Sheryl up from the airport we headed over to The Legacy Golf Resort Clubhouse for some lunch and a nice glass of wine. It was so relaxing just sitting outside on the golf course, enjoying a beautiful day in Arizona.

Sunday- Made our way to Kierland Commons in Scottsdale for some shopping and dinner at Tommy Bahama's Tropical Cafe. One of my favorite restaurants in town--you feel like you're in the Caribbean!



Monday- Spring Training Game at the new Camelback Ranch Baseball Stadium. Beautiful stadium and Ian got a foul ball for Ava from the stands!


Tuesday- Ava went to Preschool for a few hours so the adults could enjoy a movie- Grand Torino (which was very good--I would highly recommend seeing it). That night--went to our neighbors house for St. Patty's Day celebration. On the menu- corned beef and cabbage, of course!

Wednesday- I unfortunately had to work during the day, so Ian took his parents and Ava to the zoo for a little while so I could try to get some work done. Later that evening, we met some of Sheryl's friends at California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, then browsed around Borders Bookstore at the Biltmore.

Thursday- Ian and his dad planted some fruit trees in our backyard. Then dinner at Glendale Westgate Center at the Yardhouse.


Friday- Breakfast at The Farm. Then me, Ava and Sheryl enjoyed some girl bonding time with manicures, and pedicures at the Spa.




Saturday- Bid a sad farewell to Jim and Sheryl. We wish they didn't live so far away from us.
Then Ava and I left for Tucson for the night to attend my cousin Michael's wedding. Ian stayed behind at home to take care of the pooches.


Me and my sweet Grandma Reynolds. Lookin good at almost 92 years old!
Watching the bride and groom dance.

Ava loves to dance!
My uncle Doug dancing with Ava.

Me and my daddy and brother.
Ava with "her Ethan"

The cousins- Ethan, Logan, Emma and Braden. They love each other so much!




Sunday- Returned home from Tucson and took a long nap. Now, back to work and reality. I just had to book a trip for work to Green Bay, WI for a week in April. Whoo Hoo!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Precious pictures! Glad you had a fun spring break! Hopefully I'll post some of mine soon....took a trip with a friend to San Fransisco! Your family is beautiful! Have a great day!