Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

The year we met- May 1999. We were young, naive and so in love.


Was it love at first site? I don't know about that--but you and I did connect instantly and became best friends. Such an exciting time in both of our lives...just beginning our careers and making our way in life. Anything seemed possible to us.

We made each other laugh. Still do.

No one "gets me" the way you do.

Our Engagement Photo.
You proposed in Catalina Island. On the beach. But I wasn't surprised of course--because I knew you had a ring box with you. And because we're horrible at keeping secrets from each other.

You promised to always love me and take care of me. And you have--thru good times and bad. You've never stopped fighting for me...for us.
Our rehearsal dinner at Oregano's in Scottsdale. March 9, 2001.

My dad giving a speech at the rehearsal dinner. March 9, 2001.


McCormick Ranch Golf Club Scottsdale, AZ. March 10, 2001. It was an unusually cold day in AZ for March--the sky threatened rain, but little rain actually fell.
A simple ceremony in front of 120 guests.
Our Honeymoon in Maui, Hawaii.
One of our favorite places in Maui-The Plantation House restaurant in Kapalua. We took Ava there as well the summer of 2007. Not quite as relaxing and romantic with a two year old.
Butchart Gardens, Victoria, British Columbia. October 2004.

Thank you, Ian for a wonderful 8 years of marriage. And for giving me such a beautiful little girl who I cherish.
Thank you for being such a great daddy to Ava and to Lola Jean and Nee Nee.

Thank you for being such a good man...for having your priorities in order, and for your unconditional love and friendship.
All I've ever wanted is a simple life and a happy home--and you continue to deliver both.
I love you so much! And I look forward to many more years together, laughing our way thru all of life's obstacles.

2 comments:

Jennae said...

Ian looks like a little boy. So young and in love you two look! Great pictures.

God's Girl said...

What a gorgeous family you have. Those wedding pictures are really pretty!

Nice to meet you! : )

Have a wonderful weekend!