At 3:47 am on July 12, 2005, Ava Caroline was born. After 36 hours of labor and a few curse words, I finally held my precious little girl in my arms and stared into her beautiful eyes. I was finally a mommy and I felt so blessed. I was introduced to GREATNESS and a love I've never known before (no offense, Ian).


Ava at 4:
- loves to sing (mostly Hanna Montana songs), but also makes up some of her own songs too, which can be quite funny.
- loves to color and draw. Ava knows how to spell her name and the names of her mommy and daddy and some of her friends and relatives.
- loves to be outdoors swimming, riding her bike or playing at the playground.
- loves to dance and practice gymnastics.
- loves to insert the words "booty," or "boo-boos" at the end of any phrase or sentence, just to be silly and make us giggle. Apparently she inherited both mine and Ian's sense of humor. =)
- loves to read books and play teacher
- loves to watch Sponge Bob Squarepants, iCarly, Hanna Montana, etc.
- also loves anything 'Hello Kitty' related.
Ava's sometimes temperamental and stubborn, (just like her mommy), but also very loving and hates to disappoint. She's very girly and likes to wear mostly dresses and lets me play with her hair whenever I want. She patiently sits on my lap and watches TV while I comb or braid her hair. And while I love that she's girly, I also appreciate the fact that she also likes to run, hike, kick soccer balls, and play baseball with her daddy. A little tomboy in her is a good thing in my opinion.
Ava has lots of friends and plays well with others, but also isn't afraid to stick up for herself if she feels others are being unfair or bossing her around. Ava especially loves her cousins. They all treat her like a little princess, and she looks up to them so much. She cries whenever she leaves them.
I'm really proud of the little girl we're raising and I'm grateful for the great spirit and confidence inside her. And we've cherished every moment.
This morning Ava opened up her presents from her Grandpa and Grandma Flynn, her Auntie Babsie, Uncle Deron and cousins Elizabeth and Mitchell, as well as presents from me and Ian. Some highlights: she received a Hanna Montana soccer ball and net, clothes, a Hello Kitty watch and pajamas, a new princess scooter, Hello Kitty coloring supplies and play makeup.
She is one happy girl.
Later this afternoon we head to Chuck E. Cheeses for an evening of games, pizza, more presents and cake.








No comments:
Post a Comment