Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Next Mia Hamm


No pressure, Ava...but I'm expecting big things out of you. Afterall, you LOVED your first soccer practice...you weren't even the least bit intiminated surrounded by boys!

You thought it was hysterical watching and listening to your daddy coach. Coach Daddy certainly has his work cut out for him, trying to keep everyone's attention. He was trying to teach a drill, when he looked over and saw two of Ava's little teammates comparing the superhero characters printed on their underwear. =) Gotta love 4 and 5 year olds.


And if Coach Daddy could just get you to stop tackling and giggling with Aidan for longer than 3 seconds, I KNOW you'll learn the game of soccer really quickly. =)




During your first soccer game, you were excited and ready to kick the ball hard...that is until some big kid knocked you down to the ground. (There were some kids out there that did not look 4 or 5 years old!) No worries, I'm SURE Mia Hamm has cried a few times too during a game. And just like Mia, you took a little break from the game, regained your composure and got back on the field.

And while mommy has to keep reminding Coach Daddy that he's not training the little ones for the next World Cup, I know this introduction to your first team sport is important. We want you to have FUN, learn the importance of teamwork and good sportsmanship. And while winning our first game 2-0 felt good, learning to be a good loser is also an important lesson. But since Coach Daddy HATES to lose (and is the most competitive person I've ever met in my life), this will be a good reminder for Coach Daddy as well. =)

I'm officially a Soccer Mom! I even brought cut-up oranges for the kiddos to eat after the game.
Now if Ava could grow just a little bit more
so her YMCA soccer jersey doesn't look like a dress, we'd be in business.

No comments: