Friday, January 21, 2011

How Do I Love Thee?

In honor of Valentines Day, which is right around the corner...

One of my fave poems by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

I bought Ian a new phone as an early V-day present. Not very romantic, I know...but practical and I already gave it to him. Not sure what I'll buy for Ava cuz the little girl needs for nothing. Although, Gap has quite a few new items out that are quite cute. Much to the dismay of Ian, I can always find an excuse to buy more outfits for Ava.


I'm not sure why I even bother attempting to buy Ava coordinated outfits anymore cuz all she wants to wear is mix-matchy t-shirts, leggings and her new Sketcher Twinkle-Toes Boots. She looks ridiculous most days.

I finally took Ava to get her haircut yesterday...her hair was so long she was almost able to sit on it. Hello Rapunzel! I had 3 inches taken off and it looks so much better.

Speaking of hair, a few months back I had highlights put in my hair. I was going through a brief phase when I thought I wanted my hair to be the color of Jessica Alba's.That didn't last long (it never does). Two weeks ago, I had my hair darkened again at a salon. Today, I colored my hair again--this time jet-black. I know that sounds harsh, but it actually looks much better on me...goes with my dark mysterious features (ha ha!). Anyhoo, that's all the updates I have for now.

Have a great weekend! I plan to spend most of my weekend outside enjoying the sunshine. It's good for my soul.

P.S. my feet STILL hurt from running the half marathon. I wonder if I did some serious damage??

No comments: