Buddhists believe in Four Noble Truths:1. Suffering exists
2. Suffering arises from attachment to desires
3. Suffering ceases when attachment to desire ceases
4. Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path (if you want to know what these are go here: http://www.buddhaweb.org/)
I agree with their beliefs because we can never be truly happy where we're at, if we're always looking for something else. But how can we stop ourselves from desiring more? Buddhists will answer that question by telling you that must follow the Eightfold Path...but what if that's too difficult for people like me?
I want a simple life...but a beautiful one. I want Ava to grow up in a beautiful home like I see in these pictures, in a neighborhood with lots of other children, near a school that is known for excellence... Is that so wrong?
Perhaps I should focus less on what I don't have, and more on what I do have, because let's face it, I have a lot more than a lot of other people these days. I try to remind myself often of my good fortune and blessings, and deep down I am sincerely GRATEFUL. However, when will I feel satisfied and stop searching? What should be our priorities? These are the questions I ask myself each night when I close my eyes. If only I had a crystal ball.







No comments:
Post a Comment