That's why I'm happy Ava is only 3 years old, and is still interested in dressing up like a classy Disney Princess.
Later this afternoon, Ava's Preschool is hosting a Fall Festival, which I guess means free food and games? Ava has gymnastics class on Friday mornings, and so I take her to school dressed in her leotard with a change of clothes for after class. Ava was fine with this until...we showed up to her class and she saw that everyone else was dressed in their Halloween costumes. Oh, the drama! Her lip started to quiver, a tear rolled down her cheek, and she looked to the ground. Before I could speak, I had to pick my heart up off the floor! Are you kidding me?
I said "Ava, Mommy will bring your costume for you to change into after gymnastics, okay? I promise you'll get to dress up today just like your friends." After a few more words to assure her that I would return at 11 am, we hugged.
Being the (desperate to please) mom that I am, I promptly returned to her class at 11 am and brought with me THREE costume options for Ava to choose from. Did she want to be Bell, Cinderella, or Minnie Mouse?
She chose Cinderella. So we quickly changed her in the bathroom and did her hair, and presented her to her classmates. The girls immediately surrounded her, touched her dress with ooohs and ahhhs and Ava just smiled.
All better.
My question--how on earth is Ava going to manage to take a nap in that dress with the crown?








No comments:
Post a Comment