1. Laundry.
As soon as I wash towels, more get dirty. The above pile is all clean and currently waiting on my dining room table to be folded. Wouldn't it just be easier if I could leave the mess there and just let Ian and Ava grab from the pile as needed? But I can't do that--because then we wouldn't have a place to eat (and people would think I'm a slacker). So being the responsible, organized wife and mother that I am, this pile will be gone before Ian and Ava return home today and it will be nicely folded and put away in the linen closet. But will I be whistling while I work? No, mainly because I don't know to whistle...
2. Bills, Bills and more Bills...
3. Cleaning the floors and vacuuming. Two dogs with black hair and dust. Need I say more? I know I live in the middle of a desert; however, the amount of dust that accumulates and settles on furniture and the floors within in a day or two is ridiculous. I continue to lose this battle with the dust bunnies.
4. Dishes. As soon as I clear off all dishes from the counter and load the dishwasher, someone (I won't mention who), inevitably places a dirty cup in the sink. Does this person not know where the dishwasher is located? Again, losing battle.
5. Exercise and Eating Healthy.
Although, I am trying to make healthier decisions. For instance today, I actually cut up tomatoes and cucumber (above) for a snack. And it was good, even if I really wanted to smother it with ranch dressing.
The bottom line is that life is high-maintenance and can be over-whelming. I know I'm not the only one out there who feels like "checking out" every once in a while and not think or worry about anything. No guilt allowed. For me this happens to be very difficult to do when I have this beauty looking at me every day:
And I know she's watching and learning. So what am I teaching her? Is perfection the goal? I don't think so--but the pressures are constantly there.
I'm going to clean the house today and finish the laundry, while still managing to get work done for my job. And then I'm going to turn the computer off and shut my office door. And I'm going to enjoy this holiday weekend and show Ava that while her mommy is a hard-worker, I also know how to have a good time. The diet will just have to officially start next Tuesday.
I'm going to clean the house today and finish the laundry, while still managing to get work done for my job. And then I'm going to turn the computer off and shut my office door. And I'm going to enjoy this holiday weekend and show Ava that while her mommy is a hard-worker, I also know how to have a good time. The diet will just have to officially start next Tuesday.
I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend! Cheers!








No comments:
Post a Comment