My dear friend and neighbor, Jennae, just sent me a message on Facebook reminding me that I haven't updated my blog in over a week. Yep, I've been a lazy blogger and for this, I apologize to my loyal readers. I think I have at least 5 people out there who check my blog on a regular basis to see what I've been up to! And maybe someday I'll gain a bigger following when I actually have something really exciting and interesting to write about...one can only hope. =)
The truth is--I've been in a funk. I think working from home is turning me into a recluse. I wake up in the morning, grab a cup of coffee and retreat to my office, where I spend all day sitting in front of my computer on endless (meaningless) conference calls. If I'm lucky I'm able to sneak in a shower at some point during the day and change into some decent clothes. Most days I stay in my pajamas and try not to look in the mirror. What a life!
It's my fault of course...I've gotten into a bad routine and now it's difficult to change it into something more productive and healthy. And worst of all--I have a horrible, pathetic attitude about work. And yet even as I write that, I feel guilty because I know so many people out there would love to have a job, especially a job that would allow them to work from home. So I know I'm being ungrateful and forgetting about all of the positives that come with working from home. But how do I get myself out of this "hermit" lifestyle and kick-start a more positive, healthy routine?
On a more positive note- This coming weekend Ian and I are escaping to the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa for the weekend. A change of scenery and some R&R might just be the cure to my blues. After having to unexpectedly drop $1200 for a new salt cell system for our pool, we almost cancelled this "staycation"; however I managed to convince Ian that we both really needed this little getaway and after all, we only live once! So I'm looking forward to ordering an over-priced lunch and cocktails by the pool on Saturday, while flipping through silly gossip magazines, and eventually taking a nap under an umbrella. And I'm going to find myself a new attitude about life and everything that comes with it.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment