Is my sister's Birthday! So happy birthday, Jennifer! The year ahead HAS to be better than the year now behind you! Time to look forward and find your smile again. I love you!
TOMORROW:
I have to work again, or at least pretend like I'm working and participate in some silly conference calls and exchange some e-mails.
After dinner, I'll stroll over to my neighbor's house for our monthly Book Club meeting. I've been "MIA" for the last few meetings, with no excuse other than I've been uninspired to read anything besides People, Cookie, and Phoenix Magazine. However, this month's read was Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. It is about an American mountain climber who decides to build a school in Pakistan's desperately poor Karakoram Himalayan region. I actually enjoyed reading it, and so I'll actually show up to Book Club this month. The truth is, while I do enjoy reading, I mostly use Book Club as a good excuse to get out of house, see my friends, and drink wine.

BEYOND:
We're heading south, across the border into Mexico. I need to see the ocean and feel the sand between my toes. I'm hoping we don't encounter any Drug Cartels... Rocky Point should be pretty safe. And since the Pig Flu doesn't seem to be in the news much anymore (isn't that strange), I'm not too worried about that either. Besides, I like living on the edge a bit. =)
This will be the 2nd year in a row that we've celebrated the 4th of July in Mexico. Ian and our friend Kyle like to go buy illegal rockets and other small fireworks and launch them off the beach, sending the wives into a panic and the kids running into the house for cover. Sounds like the type of fun that I can't pass up!
Plus, Ian's birthday is on July 3rd. My husband is turning 35 yrs old! He deserves to spend his birthday relaxing by the pool and/or beach, with a Corona in his hand and not a care in the world.
I'm hoping we make it back alive so I can share some pictures with all of you. =)
I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment