Our weekend "staycation" at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa was perfect! (I promise Ian, this is last time to have to hear me say or read the word "staycation"). =)

The hand-painted ceiling murals in the resort lobby were breathtaking.

On Friday evening we took the resort boat to the Casino for a little gambling. We didn't win big, but we didn't lose too much either! We were up a couple hundred dollars for a while, but then we got greedy. The key to a good time is to know when to walk away!

On Saturday we relaxed out by the pool, enjoyed some cocktails and lunch and took a late afternoon nap.
Early Sat. evening, we had reservations at Kai (the only 5 star rated restaurant in Phoenix).

View from the balcony at Kai.

Just getting started with a bottle of wine. (I apologize for the sun reflecting off my forehead)! We were facing the window and the sun was going down, presenting a gorgeous sunset.

Nothing like an Arizona sunset...

The Menus at Kai have hand painted watercolors on the covers. Each one was different.

Delicious grains, with Indian bread in the middle, served with Olive oil and seeds.

Organic salad to begin the incredible meal.

Mouth-watering shrimp over potatoes with organic tomato sauce.

Raspberry sorbet to cleanse our palate.

Ian ordered the Buffalo. The presentation was beautiful and the mixture of tastes and textures were nothing I've experienced before.

I enjoyed the steak. Simply melted in my mouth.

Dessert- How could we not? Mexican Souffle with vanilla creme drizzled on top. I'll be dreaming about this for months.

So full and so happy... and maybe just a little tipsy. =)
We took a stroll around the resort grounds after dinner, sat in the jacuzzi, gazed up at the stars and talked about life. Even after being together for over 10 years, married for 8 of the years, and lots of ups and downs in our life...we still make each other laugh. We still love to be together. I'm grateful for that.

By this morning we were desperately missing our Ava. So my sister brought her to the resort with Ethan and Emma and they had a great day swimming and going down the slide. After all, we're the happiest when we know Ava is happy and we couldn't imagine not sharing some of this experience with her. And I loved sitting back on a lounge chair and just talking to my sister. It was a perfect end to a perfect weekend.
1 comment:
Oh goodness, I am just drooling on my keyboard over that food! So glad you enjoyed some R&R!
Post a Comment