Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Secrets to a Happy Marriage


One of my favorites blogs that I visit everyday is called A Cup of Jo. The author, Joanna Goddard, is currently on her honeymoon and while she's away she's had guest bloggers post their secrets to a happy marriage. So cute and so inspiring.

Whenever I'm feeling blah, I read people's blogs. And I'm quickly reminded that life is beautiful. And many people live incredibly, blessed lives. And I've learned over the years that we create our own happiness (or in some cases, misery). We are in charge of our own existence--our own perception of our "reality". It's empowering to know that.

So my secret to a happy marriage is to not focus on what's wrong, what can't be changed, or what your husband or wife isn't doing for you. Focus on the positives and do all that you can to make your life and relationship as great as it can be. Find joy in simple things and quiet moments. The rest will fall into place. Happiness is contagious.

No comments: