Friday night we took Ava to the Jobing.com Arena to see her first concert--Miley Cyrus. I normally would have referred to Ms. Cyrus as her popular TV persona, Hanna Montana...However, after witnessing the concert first hand, it was most definitely not Hanna Montana. No, Miley Cyrus is certainly doing all that she can to shed that squeeky clean image and gain a far more mature (male) following.
Luckily, Ava is still too naive and innocent to even notice that the sweet character Hanna Montana from TV was no where in sight and the more provocative Miley flaunting her (half-dressed) 16 year-old body all over the stage was there in her place. Ava was too in awe of the lights, and thundering music and dancers. She was thrilled!
Miley flew on a motorcycle, high above the audiences' heads singing 'I love Rock n' Roll'.
And the fews songs Ava recognized and knew by heart, she sang with her own pretend microphone (with half of the glitter eaten off by our dog, Lola Jean, or so Ava says anyway).
It was a fun night out and Ian and I truly enjoyed watching Ava take it all in. Like most little girls in the audience, she was probably thinking to herself as she watched Miley dance and sing- I want to do that some day.
And so the dream begins...








2 comments:
Hi Jordan! You don't know me BUT I know your husband, we graduated together at Cortez! I came across your Blog reading Leslie's and Jenny's. We all have common ages with are little ones and it's great to read what other parents have to say. Love your blog, I hope you don't mind me being a "follower". Say "hello" to Ian for me! Your little Ava is ADORABLE!
Hi Tina- Thanks for your comments and I love that I have a new follower! =) Ian told me to tell you hello as well. I'll have to check out your blog now...
Post a Comment