Every day Ava starts out her school day with four sheep (little cartoon characters printed on a sheet of paper). This sheet of paper is sent home each day to provide parents with an update as to how well their child behaved and parents have to acknowledge/sign each night and return the paper to the teacher. If a child misbehaves, they're given a warning. And if the child continues to misbehave, they get one of the four sheep crossed out with a note from the teacher. If all four sheep are crossed out, the child is sent to the Principal's office.
We're on week two of school and yesterday Ava had TWO sheep crossed out! What? My little angel? =)
Apparently, Ava had quite a fit yesterday because she couldn't be the line leader. Oh, the injustice!
When I picked Ava up from school yesterday, she ran ahead of her teacher and immediately confessed all her sins to me. (You have to love a guilty conscious). I tried to listen without smiling--because while I'm disappointed in her behavior, I also can't help but think it's sorta cute/funny (especially the way she explains things and her facial expressions). I quickly reminded myself that I had to take this very seriously and find a way to teach Ava to keep her temper in check. And since I have a hard enough time keeping my own temper in check, it's amusing to me.
When we returned home, Ava was sent to her room for a bit--to think about her behavior and actions in school. Then I made her a snack and told her that I knew she could do better and that I expect great things from her. She said she was sorry and that she'll try harder to be a good girl. And really, that's all I can ask of her.
Today is a new day and I better see four clean, white sheep.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Oh I hear you on that one! We've experienced a little bit about this ourselves this week! I was actually prepping my own little blog on our boy!!! We struggle with expecting perfection and knowing that he's only in kinder and these things happen!!
Post a Comment