Wednesday, October 7, 2009

NieNie's Story

I've never met Stephanie Nielson, her children, or her husband Christian. Yet, I feel as if they're family and Stephanie's words have profoundly changed my perspective on life and the importance of being a fun, happy mother and wife. I came across Stephanie's blog the NieNie Dialogues by chance one day last year (right before their accident) and couldn't stop reading--she had me hooked. Her stories and pictures captivated me and inspired me to start my own blog, to tell my own stories and to remind me to enjoy and remember the simple joys in life. She taught me to be happy, grateful, and more patient in my life.

I wrote about NieNie on my blog dated Sept. 9th, 2008.

Today Stephanie and Christian will be on Oprah. See a preview here.

Stephanie continues to inspire me today--everyday that I read her blog. On days when I'm feeling uninspired, frustrated, inpatient, unattractive, fat, angry, etc. I just think of what Stephanie has to deal with physically and emotionally everyday and I'm reminded to be grateful for the blessings in my life. Every day is a gift.

If you have a chance today, visit Stephanie's blog and read some of her posts today and some from last year before the plane crash. And watch Oprah today. I guarantee you will be humbled, you will cry and you will be inspired.

No comments: