Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Best Buds

Every day I pick up Ava and Aidan from school. These two cuties have known each other for as long as they've been on earth. When I get them in the car each day, they always have funny things to tell me and yell over each other to get my attention. If one of them starts to tell me about their art project, the other one will interject to explain their art project, etc. As you can imagine, some days it's more amusing than others. I don't understand half of what either of them are telling me, so I nod and respond with: "That's great...amazing...no kidding!" Eventually, they calm down and I get them in the house and after providing snacks and drinks, the two of them watch a little TV, color, or play with toys.

I like to listen to their conversations because they're so funny. Sometimes they disagree on what to watch or what to play, but mostly they compromise.


Their teacher at school tells me that Aidan carries Ava's stuff for her, and that Ava gets jealous when Aidan plays with other kids. Their teacher also says that they're VERY protective of each other.





I think they're lucky to have each other. And it's been fun watching them grow up together.

1 comment:

Mama of two ~ said...

That is ADORABLE! So sweet, perhaps we are watching a future book or movie in the making. Too cute! How lucky for them and you!