Sunday, October 18, 2009

Good Times with Grandma

Ian's mom Sheryl is in town all this week, visiting from Memphis, TN, and Ava is loving it! Grandma of course arrived with gifts for Ava--introducing her to the wonder of The Wizard of Oz, as this is the 70th Anniversary of the motion picture and the 100th Anniversary of the story itself. Gifts included:
A darling music box that plays "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". And the ruby slippers move and click its heals.

A Wizard of Oz Pop-up book, which Grandma read to Ava. The book even came with a pair of glasses to better see the Emerald City.

Later the same day, we headed to the ASU Football game. It was 100 degrees outside!
As usual, Ava fell fast asleep in the car on the way to the game. Luckily, she always wakes up ready to party!

Posing with a couple of the ASU Dancers.

Grandma and Daddy.

Another pretty ASU dancer!

Ava getting her face painted.

Ava posing with the ASU Mascot, Sparky! Fork em, Devils! We had a great time at the game, especially since ASU ended up beating the Huskies with a 50 yard touchdown pass with only 5 seconds left in the game!

Today we headed out to SanTan Village for some lunch and shopping. Sheryl bought me a couple new blouses and a necklace as early birthday presents. And she bought Ava the Wizard of Oz DVD. They watched the movie together after we returned home from dinner at Flemings. I thought for sure Ava would be scared of the wicked witch and the flying monkeys, but she wasn't- she absolutely loves the movie!

Ava is so lucky to have such a wonderful Grandma. She told Sheryl this morning that she's her best friend. =) They have a very special relationship and I know Ava cherishes every moment with her Grandma Sheryl.

Tomorrow I think they're going to see 'Where the Wild Things Are' movie after Ava's home from school. I, unfortunately have to work. But we have lots more fun things planned this week!

3 comments:

The Barron Bunch said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Ella loves 'Wizard of Oz' stuff but is scared of the movie....She was actually Dorothy for Halloween last year. Ava is such a cutie!

Mama of two ~ said...

That is so adorable. I too was scared of the Oz movie when I was little but now I love it, she will really appreciate it later on. Kayleigh also has an ASU cheer outfit, she loves it! Sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all are having a wonderful week! Enjoy the time!