Friday, January 8, 2010

Hello 2010.

Is it really already 2010? It sounds so "futuristic", like we should all be flying around in space cars or something by now. I haven't made any resolutions for 2010, or allowed myself to feel one ounce of guilt for not being all that I'd hoped to be or for what I did not accomplish in 2009. Who has time to feel guilty when the world is flying by us at lightening speed? I'm just glad I'm still somewhat sane (and even that is debatable at times).

The completion of 2009 was bittersweet. My sister moved away...to Wisconsin from sunny Arizona (in the middle of winter I might add). Don't worry, I've made her feel bad enough already with my phone calls informing her that it's 70 degrees here and GORGEOUS! Luckily they all arrived safely to their new home and town, the kids are enjoying their new school, and my sister is getting adjusted to driving in the snow. It's still strange to me that they're no longer living in Chandler, just a 20 minute drive away. Denial is a great defense mechanism that I proudly use in my life. Ha!

2009 was, for the most part, a good year for the Flynn family. We can't complain about much. So, we're hoping 2010 brings more of the same good fortune and blessings we experienced in 2009.

Here's some highlights of how we ended '09 and welcomed 2010.

On New Years Eve we all went to the Insight Bowl game at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ.


Here's Ian and Ava waiting for the football players to run off the field at halftime.


Ava posing with the Minnesota Golden Gopher.


Ava posing with some very brave pre-game parachute jumpers

After the game (we left at half-time because we were cold sitting in the shade, since we're huge wimps),
we headed over to our neighbors house for some drinkin and games. We played a board game called "Jackass" and of course Ian won. Just kidding, honey...you won because you know so much trivial information, (which is so very impressive). =)

Last weekend, me and Ava had a girls date to go to the ASU Gammage Auditorium to see the play 'Annie'.
 When I was about 6 years old or so, I saw the motion picture Annie and immediately became obsessed. My grandma (being the amazing woman she is), made me my very own Annie dress and doll to match. And I LOVED wearing the dress and performing the songs for anyone who would let me.

When Ava was a baby, I would sing "Tomorrow" and "Maybe" to get her to fall asleep.
So naturally when Ava was old enough, I of course bought her the Annie DVD,
and Ava very quickly  fell in love with the story and music as well.

Luckily, (other than missing the white belt), the Annie dress my grandma made for me was well cared for over the years, and my sister was kind enough to wrap it up and give it to Ava this past Christmas.

And Ava wore my "vintage" Annie dress to the play.

Seeing her in the dress made me so very happy.




Ava got to meet the little girl who played Annie. She had an amazing voice.

Ava also met the little girl who played Molly.
And all of the little "orphans" in the play autographed her Playbill.
It was a very special day.

Not a bad way to kick off a new year.

No comments: