I know every parent thinks their child is the cutest, smartest, funniest little person on the planet, (which of course is a good thing), because lets face it, if a child's mom and dad aren't completely smitten--then the kid has little chance of fooling anyone else.
So naturally, Ian and I are pretty proud of our little Ava. We love her bright green eyes and long lashes, her long golden hair, and her chubby cheeks. Her smile and laughter lights up a room. We're proud of the fact that she is doing well in school and exceeding milestones.
But do you know what we love the most about our Ava?
She's got a great personality. And I'm pretty sure that can't be taught. It's just part of her soul--God given.
She's funny.
She makes us laugh every day.
Perhaps it's her innocent perspective of things and events that catches us off guard. She's still at that age when she can be silly without fear of judgement or much embarassment. And I love when we see something together and both laugh because it reminds me that she gets the humor, not much is "over her head".
And sometimes she doesn't even know that she's being funny, she's just very matter-of-fact about things. For instance, the other day, out of the blue Ava says to me:
"Mom, did you know that SpongeBob is a grown man?"
I had just taken a sip of water, which I about choked on while laughing, before spitting it out in the kitchen sink. I then responded: "How do you know this?"
And Ava states: "Because Patrick said so and because he can drive a boat."
And I replied: "SpongeBob is not a grown man, he's a grown sponge, and Patrick is a grown starfish."
Ava pauses to think and while walking away, whispers under her breath, "Well then I don't understand why he has to wear pants."
I'm grateful for her personality because our ability to laugh at ourselves and find the humor in every day life, is what may very well get Ava through the most difficult moments in her life (this and a whole lot of faith).
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
What a beautiful header picture. Your daughter is precious. Good ole sponge bob. (-:
~Kathryn
That's hysterical about the pants! LOL. Too cute Ava!
Post a Comment