Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Progress

I know I haven't posted any updates regarding my health kick and any progress made as a result of changing my ways...so here it is.

Since October 2009, I've lost 12 pounds. Not bad over a 3-4 month period of time. I probably could have lost more, but I wasn't as disciplined as I should have been over the holidays. I still have to work really hard to resist the sweets and other fatty, high calorie food items. And I have to really force myself to get off the computer or couch to get out and exercise. Luckily, Ian is really active and always makes time to get outside to walk, hike or run, so that has helped me to get motivated. And now that Ava is a little older, she's more willing to go for short hikes with us as well. The other motivators are our two dogs who demand their daily walks, and I've made more of an effort to take them out. I figure even 15-30 minutes walking every day is better than nothing. My next goal is to find a yoga studio and sign up to take a class once or twice a week. I think yoga is the perfect exercise to help get me in shape, in addition to help clear my cluttered mind.

Did you see Jennifer Aniston's body in that black dress @ the Golden Globes? If yoga does that, then I definitely need to sign up! In fact, I think I'm going to post a picture of her on my fridge. I'm sure Ian won't mind looking at that every day!

This week I'm trying to keep my daily caloric intake to 1200. And breakfast is the most important meal of the day.



Breakfast this morning consisted of Steelcut oatmeal with bananas. I like Trader Joes frozen oatmeal...just a few minutes in the microwave, and I have a healthy breakfast that will keep me full all morning.

And I have to force myself to drink MORE water. I rarely ever feel really thirsty, so I really do have to make a conscious effort to hydrate myself.

I have at least 5 more pounds to go...and the last 5-10 pounds are always
the most difficult to shed and keep off.

Ugh--why can't I just be 6 feet tall and naturally thin?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Way to go! Why is it so hard to drink water? You'd think if our body needs it so badly that it would be more natural to just get it done, but it kills me!