Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finding Inspiration in an Unlikely Place

I've shared with some of you my recent obsession with a couple of blog sites: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ and http://blog.cjanerun.com/ .
I discovered these blogs after reading about them on this blog: http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/JaimeeRose. You all know how much I love to read about fashion, etc...so naturally I'm drawn to Jamie Rose's blog everyday.

One morning, (while on a conference call for work), I started to read the NieNie Dialogues written by Stephanie Nielson, (who lives in Mesa), and I was hooked. Something about the way Stephanie looked at life and enjoyed life, was such an inspiration and it gave me such joy to read each day. Look at some of the past postings by Stephanie, and you'll understand why. But then one day--tragedy struck this beautiful family...Stephanie's sister posted news that Stephanie and her husband, Christian had been in a plane crash. I was devastated, and I didn't even know this family. Yet, I cried anyway because I felt as if I did know them and I was so sad for Stephanie's 4 little children. Now, I log-on to the blogs every morning (which now includes "cjanerun," written by Stephanie's sister in Provo, Utah), just to get an update on Stephanie and Christian. They're currently at the Maricopa Burn Unit trying to survive/heal.

Anyway, the story has obviously impacted more people than just me...The New York Times even featured a story on the Nielson family.

And this morning, Stephanie's family was interviewed by MattLauer on the Today Show.

It's just a reminder that life can be beautiful and happy, if we just choose to look at our experiences and challenges in a different light. However, it's also a reminder about how quickly it can all change, which is why we have to appreciate and cherish each moment that much more...

Love, Jordan

No comments: