The first year...to be honest, I don't remember much of it. Maybe that's due to the fact that I rarely slept, Ava was sick all the time from germs at daycare, and I was juggling a full-time job, as a first-time mom. But when Ava turned one and we sang happy birthday to her, I cried like a baby. I couldn't believe Ava was already one years old, and that I had actually survived the first year. And most of all I think I cried because I was genuinely happy. I was so grateful to be Ava's mom and to have someone so amazing in my life.
Ava was born July 12, 2005 @ 3:47 in the morning. Weighing in at 6 pounds 14 ounces. From the moment she was placed in my arms, I felt complete. She is everything I could have dreamed of and more.

Ava was a happy baby (as you can see from above). Ava's first Halloween @ 3 months or so.



Every stage in Ava's development was amazing to me. Her first words were "Da-Da" and "Uh-Oh!" And soon after she said "Ma-Ma" and then "bubble". I especially loved when she learned to clap her hands and point at things. We had so much fun just sitting and watching her.
The first time I painted her toes! What's the fun of having a little girl if you don't paint her nails? She loved it!

And Ava's hair had FINALLY grown out enough that I could pull it out of her face! This is really getting fun!

Talk about growing up too quickly-- Ava thought she knew how to read already! She loves books!

Summer vacation to La Jolla, CA. July 2006. It looks like we both got a little too much sun!
I knew I was blessed.

For the first month or so of her life, the only way I could get her to fall asleep (and to remain so) at night was to sleep with her laying cradled in my arms, with her head against my chest. I guess the sound of my beating heart and the slow movement of my breathing calmed her. Unfortunately, I wasn't getting much sleep, for pure fear of rolling over on Ava during the night. So, eventually we had to part ways and sleep in our own designated spaces. But I'll never forget that time--it was so special to know I had the ability to make something so vunerable and little, feel safe and warm.


Every stage in Ava's development was amazing to me. Her first words were "Da-Da" and "Uh-Oh!" And soon after she said "Ma-Ma" and then "bubble". I especially loved when she learned to clap her hands and point at things. We had so much fun just sitting and watching her.
And Ava's hair had FINALLY grown out enough that I could pull it out of her face! This is really getting fun!
Talk about growing up too quickly-- Ava thought she knew how to read already! She loves books!
Summer vacation to La Jolla, CA. July 2006. It looks like we both got a little too much sun!







No comments:
Post a Comment