Saturday, September 27, 2008

My obsessions...(not in any specific order)

I don't really care what her critics have to say about her...because I think she's awesome. And I'm even willing to overlook the fact that she's a hunter. She's smart, beautiful, articulate, and obviously a wonderful mother. I can't wait to watch her debate Biden.


Not the model--the jacket! Why, oh why, is it still over 100 degrees outside? I want to experience Fall, and I want to wear this jacket! And this one too (below):




I have to get on a plane tomorrow for a business trip to Maryland. Maybe I will see some golden leaves on the ground...and maybe I could find some time to go shopping while I'm there to buy some jackets? Surely the temperatures in Maryland are below 80 degrees?


If you're bored...check out this website/blog: http://goop.com/ by Gwyneth Paltrow and sign up for her newsletter. She'll make you feel totally inadequate as a human being, but she might also inspire you to enjoy life a little more (and maybe even cook some real [healthy] meals for your family). I know I'm working on becoming a better cook, especially now that I'm home all the time and have the ability to get dinner started before picking Ava up from Preschool. (Now Ian, if you're reading this, you can stop laughing now).


And lastly, I've started some home improvement projects. I ordered new french doors to replace our ugly sliding glass doors which lead to our backyard. I'm hoping Lowes will install them in the next few weeks. And when Ian and Ava take off to Memphis for a week in October, I'm staying behind and re-painting the inside of our house. I'm also going to completely de-clutter every closet, pantry, and cabinet. Goodwill is going to love me. And I might even like living in my house again.

Maybe if you're lucky, I'll post some before and after pics!

No comments: