Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Take Care of Yourself

Why are people such whiners these days? ("Non-hackers" is what I like to call these people). I'm sure you know what I'm talking about...people expecting the government to bail them out, feed their 10 kids with food-stamps, rescue them from foreclosure, etc. What has happened to being held accountable for your own poor decisions, lack of motivation, and spending above your means? Why are people so eager for a hand-out? How can anyone feel good about themselves when they accomplish nothing of significance on their own two feet?

And now these same people believe Senator Obama is going to "save" them as the next President...unbelievable.

This country was built and sustained by great men (and women) who worked their butts off to achieve the American dream and defend our freedom in times of war. They didn't expect (or demand) anyone to do it for them. Somewhere along the way, people have gotten lazy...and stupid.

Nothing can be achieved without hard work and a little luck. And my belief is that it's much more fun to achieve something when it requires you to push yourself a little harder than you may want to or think that you have to. Something for nothing will always make me think twice.

Take Care of Yourself...and you won't need anyone else to give you hope for a better future--because the future can be anything you want it to be. But you can't be naive or greedy and you can't put your future in someone else's hands. Why? because they will always be looking out for themselves first as well. And let me be clear- I'm not suggesting steping on other people in life to benefit yourself. I'm talking about taking responsibility for your own life, your own decisions, your own family, and your own future. Be smart.
And when you screw up--be accountable, learn from it, and move on.
Just some things to think about...

No comments: