Friday, January 23, 2009

So Sick of Being Sick!

I have lots of updates but little energy to write. It takes too much energy to try and be witty or funny right now. I've been sick since Tuesday with an awful virus of some sort and it has knocked me on my #$%! I'm talking chills, fever, backaches, headaches, sore throat, throwing up...I had the works. I finally picked my sorry butt off the couch and took myself to Urgent Care Wednesday evening and got some meds. I love meds. And I begged Ian to run to the store to get me a heating pad for my back. Thank goodness for that heating pad. And I've guzzled about 12 cans of Sprite. Sprite and crackers are my friends.

I'm among the living again, but I'm now on a disinfecting frenzy throughout my house. Germs be gone! All bedding, towels and blankets have been washed and I've sprayed very door handle, phone, TV remote, and faucets with LYSOL. I am sick of being sick! And just for the record--I did receive a flu shot this year...the whole family got one. And yet, there I was this week curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor, praying someone would put me out of my misery. I was pretty pathetic.

So, once I have my house clean and I'm caught up with work, I'll be sure to get back to my blogging!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Im soooo sorry to hear how sick you were!!! That is AWFUL! I know exactly how you felt. It is torturous! I, too go on a bleach frenzy afterwards! That's the only positive thing of it, oh, and I guess when the whole family gets sick it makes us spend more time together, right!!?