Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What Recession?


All day long I hear people talking about how bad the economy is and people losing their jobs, and how it's going to get worse before it gets better. And I don't doubt for a second that there are a lot of people out there really struggling to make ends meet. However, I also find it a bit strange that restaurants are still full, airports are still crowded, and when I go to book a hotel for our summer adventure to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone, there are hardly any vacancies left. People must still have money...or maybe they're just racking up credit card debt? I can't figure it out. Is everyone on the west coast planning on going to Wyoming in July? It's 6 months away, and I can't get a hotel room at the hotel of my choice? Who knew!
I hear Harrison Ford has a ranch in Jackson Hole--maybe I'll just give my friend "Harry" a call and see if we can crash at his place for a few nights. I'm sure he'd be delighted!
I refuse to camp...or stay in a cabin that was built in 1920 with no electricity or running water! I'm willing to go along with the outdoor adventure vacations because I think Ava needs to see the beauty of our country... but come on, I still need a comfy clean bed, Spa facilities close by and some good cuisine! I think my next plan of action will be to call the hotel/resorts directly and get on some waiting lists. Someone has to cancel a reservation between now and July, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Jackson Hole yet? It's beautiful!!!! I went as a child and it's the one place I keep telling Blake that we WILL take our children to some day. I'm told there is a fabulous golf course somewhere near there, so down with a trip there for sure. Be sure to look up Jenny Lake on the map...it's a gorgeous area!!! Simply breathtaking! I can't wait to make it back there some day!

Jordan said...

I haven't been there yet--but I've always heard such wonderful things so I figured I would give it a try. Jackson Hole I can handle b/c it looks like they have nice resorts, shopping and restaurants. Yellowstone--I'm not so sure yet. =) The fresh air will be good for us though. And I'll definitely take lots of pics to share!