Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Indians...

Ava's school hosted a Thanksgiving feast today for the Pre-K and Kindergarten classes. The children were asked to dress up as an Indian or a Pilgrim.


Ava was surprised to see me in her classroom this afternoon and tried to play it cool for a few minutes. And then she ran up to me and hugged my legs and proceeded to tell me (while choking back tears), that a little boy told her that she didn't even look like an Indian. Oh, the horror!

I had to take her to the bathroom to get her to calm down. I have quite the drama queen for a daughter...so sensitive, my goodness.











After I assured her that she did look like a little Indian girl, (and a mighty cute one at that), Ava managed to get herself together and enjoyed a bite to eat.

1 comment:

The Barron Bunch said...

That mean little boy deserves a kick in the shins!!!! Just kidding, of course. Ava looks like the cutest little indian...