I said the prayer before we ate this afternoon, and I could barely get through it without crying. I just felt so grateful in that moment, so overcome with joy. But part of me felt sad too because I know that these moments don't last forever and that soon my sister, nephew and niece will be moving to Wisconsin. I just couldn't let myself think about that too much today, I had to stay in the moment and enjoy the time I had. I made sure that I just stopped every so often throughout the day and just looked around me to remember it all--the cousins laughing, people eating, opening presents, sharing stories...
I loved having everyone together. It was the best birthday present.








2 comments:
Congrats on what looks to have been a HUGE success!
Looks like it was a great day! I heard that everyone had a good time. I am so happy that you had everyone with you on your birthday! Happy 35, my friend!
Post a Comment