Friday, November 13, 2009

Setting the Table

I know it's a little early, but I've set one of the tables for Thanksgiving. I needed to see how it all looked together. I think it's a good start.


I've chosen simple white plates (Maria Collection) from Pier One. I love the scalloped edges. The wooden placemats and cute pumpkin placecards are also from Pier One.


The tablecloth, matching napkins, and coordinating napkin rings are all from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I chose the tablecloth because I loved the messages printed all along the bottom (Family, Happiness, Cherish Traditions, Friendship, etc). The napkin rings also include similar messages. And don't worry, everything will be washed and ironed before the big day and reset. 


Just need to add a great centerpiece, some glassware, flatware, some amazing food, wine, and my family...and voilĂ  - I've got myself a perfect Thanksgiving!

Now, I just need to figure out how to cook a flavorful, juicy turkey...Ugh, I'm thinking it can't be that difficult. But then again, I've messed up cooking twice baked potatoes before.

Heading to Tucson tomorrow for the day/evening with my sister to see our cousin Patty, who is in town visting from Raleigh, North Carolina. Ava is very excited to meet Patty's little girl, Emily, who is just a little older than Ava. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Mama of two ~ said...

I love the cute pumpkin place cards! I hope your dinner turns out WONDERFUL!! We are having our first in our new home this year! FUN, FUN!