I'm officially fed up with myself and all of my excuses to postpone changing my ways. All day I sit in front of the computer and feel the rolls on my stomach. Last week I even went so far as to wear a sports bra and shorts while I worked, so I could be reminded why I need to take better care of myself. I did eat a little less that day, but still reached for some Doritos. (I love Doritos!) I try on clothes that I wore last summer--NOTHING fits. It's enough to send me over the edge...
So, I cleaned out our fridge yesterday, which was gross enough to prevent me from eating for a few hours.
Then, I made a list of ingredients to prepare healthy meals all week long. And I headed to Safeway...alone. Ian tried to convince me that if him and Ava tagged along, he would stay out of my way and watch Ava. Yeah, I've heard that one before...Nope, I needed full concentration on my grocery list.
Last night on the menu: Baked Salmon with steamed baby red potatoes, and asparagus. Great start, huh? All night I dreamed of ice cream. That's how much my body hates healthy food.
For lunch today I'm having crab salad and avocado. For snacks I have grapes, nectarines, celery, etc. My fridge is stocked with healthy choices, but let's see what I choose...
Another goal this week: Walk at least 10 miles. (One time around the inside perimeter of our gated neighborhood is 1 mile). I walked 3 laps last night. Yeah me! Only 7 more miles to go!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment