Thursday, August 6, 2009

Technical Difficulties

I keep trying to upload pictures from our trip and for some reason it's not working... and since I'm not very tech savvy, I don't know what to do to fix this problem. I hope to spend some time this weekend working on the problem. Maybe by Monday you'll get to see some pictures. I've posted some on Facebook already.

I'm still trying to get caught up at work after being away from my computer for 8 days. The company I work for is e-mail crazy so I returned home to find 400+ e-mails. Not all deserved a response, but most at least required me to read. But I still don't regret my decision to not bring my laptop with me on our trip. It's healthy and necessary to "unplug" ourselves and be engaged with those around us.

This past weekend I joined my friend Amy and a bunch of her friends for a girls night out, and we stayed at the AZ Biltmore Resort & Spa Sat. night. I also took the opportunity to book a massage appointment, which was much needed. Even though I'm not very comfortable hanging out and talking to people I don't know very well, I had a nice time hanging out by the pool with everyone and going to dinner. When I get this blog thing working again properly, I'll post a picture.

Ian heads back to work as a teacher next week (finally) and soon we'll be back to our normal, crazy routine. Ava's going to be in for a rude awakening when she has to get out of bed before 8:30 am. She's gotten pretty accustomed to staying up later and waking up when she feels like it. And I'm going to miss my quiet mornings working while everyone else is sleeping.

No comments: