Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some Helpful Healthy Hints

Think going Organic is too expensive? It doesn't have to be, if you're willing to look a little harder for organic products at grocery stores such as Safeway. I didn't have time today to go to Whole Foods or Trader Joes, so I headed to my local Safeway. They're constantly stocking their shelves with more organic products and expanding their 'Eating Right' products. Here's a few of the items I brought home:

Organic fruit juice--no sugar added. Also in lemonade. Great for school lunches for Ava.
And for Ava's sweet tooth (and maybe mine as well), a little chocolate pudding. Low in fat, and no added high fructose corn syrup.

Again, more treats to put in her lunch that I can feel somewhat good about... this is a much better alternative to Cheetos or other chip.

More choices for beverages in the morning or when Ava gets home from school.

I also picked up this package of string cheese, and was happy to see that 'no added growth hormones' were added. This is how all food packaging should look--clear and concise. Easy to make a decision as a mom.
For Ava's lunch tomorrow, I'm packing her a chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, a container of green, crunchy grapes, a handful of organic graham cookies, and a healthy juice drink. For her mid-morning snack, I'll pack her some organic baby carrots with organic ranch dressing.

Just washed her little school uniform. I'm so excited to take her to school tomorrow morning. Sometimes change can be scary...and sometimes it's just so exciting. A new chapter begins.

Gotta go for my walk now. I got 3 miles ahead of me...and for once in my life, I'm actually not dreading it.

1 comment:

The Barron Bunch said...

Way to go! It was good seeing you and Ava again!