Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random

(photo courtesy of Ian, taken on one of his walks with the dogs last week)

I'm finally able to upload pictures to the blog again. Still haven't figured out what the problem was...but like most things in life, I guess it just worked itself out.

This week is flying by. I've been busy working, cooking, eating healthy and walking. Yeah me!

Last night I walked almost 4 miles around my neighborhood. No music from the iPod blaring in my ears, just the sound of my shoes hitting the pavement and my own crazy thoughts. A storm was brewing on the horizon as I walked, and with each lap I could feel it moving closer and closer, the wind swirling all around me. It was therapeutic. At one point in the walk, I actually began to run...and it felt good. I had almost forgotten the amazing feeling of my endorphins kicking in--such a natural high. I just may have to try it again tonight.

The house sits quiet now. Ian is back at work and Ava is at Preschool. The pooches sleep. I love peace and quiet.

This morning, Ava screamed at me that I didn't do her hair "right". This has been happening all too often these days. She said she wanted a ponytail, but when I gave her a ponytail, she decided it wasn't the "right" ponytail. My bad. Third time around I finally got it right. This is going to get old FAST.

Some random pics to share with you.


Those spooky eyes are Lucky's. Ian took the picture last week on their walk. I think it's so cool that dogs have built-in night vision goggles.

Our cactus in our front yard shaped like a heart.


Lucky. Such a beauty and so sweet. Since she's been on thyroid meds, she's lost about 8 pounds. She acts like a puppy again and that makes me very happy!

Mean Jean. Still mean at times (she bit me last week), but getting sweeter all the time. Eventually our kisses, hugs, walks, food, and stability has to change her pitt-bull ways, right?

No comments: