Sunday, December 14, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Saturday Morning: Ava all dressed up for the Holiday Brunch at our neighbor's house.

Saturday Evening: My best friend Christie, her husband Jeff, and their three darling children arrived at our house to stay with us for the night. Our neighbor, Michelle was nice enough to agree to babysit four kids (and two high maintenance dogs) for a few hours so the four of us could go out for a bite to eat and drinks. We ended up at the Pink Taco on Camelback Road for some delicious margaritas and appetizers and then we went to Dos Gringos for some cerveza's. We had a great time! And Michelle said that the little girls, Ava and Bailey played really well together and were laying in the bed giggling for a long time. I only wish I knew what they were giggling about. So sweet!
Sunday Morning: Well, it arrived far too soon and I had forgotten what's it's like to have an early riser- little Aidan was up at 5 am! Poor Christie... And then Bailey and Ava were soon up at 6:30 am! I'm not used to these hours, as my Ava likes to sleep in almost as much as I do. A few cups of coffee and Christie and I were feeling better and even managed to sit and chat while the kids ate breakfast and watched cartoons. It wasn't long though before the kids were itching to get outside.
Pictured: Taylor (12 yrs old), Aidan (2 yrs old) and Christie.

But it was COLD outside today!!! So we weren't out at the playground for very long.
Lola Jean sure enjoyed herself at the park. "Dig, Dig Dig!"

Sunday afternoon: Our house guests returned home to Tucson leaving our house very quiet. (We hope to see them again very soon). So, we all crawled back into bed and fell asleep for a few hours.
Sunday night: Chinese Take-Out. Laundry. Bedtime stories.

Back to the grind tomorrow.
Later this week: Ava's holiday dance recital on Wednesday! Can't wait to see her routine!

No comments: