Tuesday, December 9, 2008

If only there were more hours in the day...

I missed so many meetings today for work and the e-mails and voice mails are accumulating at a rapid pace. I should feel very guilty about it, but right now I have more important things to worry about--like my little Ava. The good news is she doesn't have a tumor or a cyst growing out of her neck. The bad news is she has a swollen neck due to her lymph nodes reacting to her STREP THROAT. Ah-ha! That's why Ava hasn't been eating very much the last few days--her throat was swollen shut! Silly mommy didn't have a clue.

Ava's now on antibiotics for the next 10 days, but she's still considered infectious until sometime tomorrow afternoon. So, I get to try to juggle yet another work day with Ava at home with me. This should be interesting. Wednesday, Miss Ava needs to go to school so Mommy can keep her job.

First thing tomorrow, Ava and I have a meeting with one of my employees at Paradise Bakery in Mesa. Then back home to jump on some conference calls. I have lots of policies to write, which will probably have to wait to be written until sometime after Ava goes to sleep.

It's going to be a long week, with not a lot of sleep. That's alright though--because the last 3 years have been good training for learning to function on lack of sleep. It's 12:37 am now and I still feel like a million bucks. Tomorrow? Not so much.

No comments: