
I've realized over the years that New Years Eve partying is OVER-RATED! I'm too old to be bothered to hang out in the cold, standing around on Mill Ave with people I don't know (or care to know), trying to find an empty bathroom or a place to sit down and have a glass of wine. Yep, I don't like to be inconvenienced. I'll fully admit it. My idea of a wonderful New Years Eve is going out for a nice, quiet meal with Ian and Ava and then coming home and getting in my cozy jammies and curling up on the couch and watching the ball drop in NY on TV. Boring, I know. Even better, is to be at home with friends and/or family sharing some cocktails, food and laughs. I'm a simple girl. I don't need fancy parties, or fancy clothes to welcome in 2009. Plus, I really don't want to be out driving around when so many people still make the conscious choice to get into their cars after drinking.
So, tomorrow night we have reservations here and then we'll come home with full tummies and relax. We're also planning on picking up our neighbors (Jennae, Rob, Kylan, and Aidan) from the airport upon their return from NY. We've missed them while they've been away and Ava is so excited to see her best bud Aidan! I figure they will be plenty tired from their trip, but may still be up for having a glass of wine and catching up. And the best part is that they live 3 houses away from us, so we can drink and walk home.
But just for fun...if me and Ian were to have plans to go to a fancy party in New York for New Years, I would probably wear something like this:
Actually, I think I like this dress better in black (by Adrianna Papell- Nordstrom $159.00)
And this one is pretty as well (by BCBG-Nordstrom $298):
I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!








1 comment:
My thoughts exactly! New Years is SO overrated! We so prefer to spend it at home!! I was going to blog about the same exact thing tonight, too funny! Have a great night!
Post a Comment