Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Hopes for 2009

I have great expectations for this next year, as I'm hoping it can't get much worse than the events of '08. Let's pray that we've all learned a little something about living within our means and the scary domino effects of greed. And I'm hoping that at some point over the next 12 months, we'll learn as a country to stop turning to Government to "bail" us out for our poor decisions, because lets face it, pretty soon the Government is going to have to stop the printing press when the American dollar is worth NOTHING.

I'm still optimistic for our country because history tells me that we can weather tough storms--but only if we truly learn from our mistakes and not have a repeat performance.
May our Country continue to be safe from those around the world that wish us harm.

However, since I have not yet received a phone call from President elect Obama to join his Cabinet team, I think I'd better focus on the things I might actually have some control over in 2009.

Here's my list of hopes...

1- For my mom to go see a neurologist. She's too young to not care that her memory is suffering and the unavoidable impact that Dementia/Alzheimer's will have on my father, her children and a lot of other people that love and care for her. The potential of this disease taking control of my mother's life weighs heavily on my mind and breaks my heart. May 2009 be the year she gets some real help before it's too late.

2- For my sister to heal 100% and return to the happy, outgoing, fun person that I know her to be. I may not be able to heal her...but I can make sure she feels loved and enjoys some good laughs. I'm going to make more time in '09 to spend quality 1:1 time with my sister and make her smile.

3- For Nee-Nee to feel better. I'm going to take her back to the vet and request additional tests to find out why she continues to limp. If it's Arthritis, then I'll vow to find some medication to make her more comfortable with the least amount of negative side effects. She's only 5 years old and I want her to live a long life. She's everything to our family.

4- For me and Ian to continue to have success and fulfillment in our careers. And continue to keep our priorities in check on what really matters in life. Less "things" and more travel. (Paris is calling my name)!

5- For Ava to continue to grow into a smart, funny, appreciative young girl who knows she's loved unconditionally.

6- For our friendships to deepen and flourish with those around us who are positive influences on our lives.

7- And lastly, I'm hoping I can personally find more patience (for everyone and everything) and more time to enjoy the outdoors.

I think 2009 is going to be a great year.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love your optimism! Keep it up! The best is yet to be!