

I have a lot of blogging to do to catch up to today, so this is going to be a long one. And since I know I won't have time to write tomorrow or on Christmas day, I'd better get started! So, what have I been up to? Does anyone really care to know? =) Probably not, but I'll write about it anyways because 1) I love to write and 2) this is my scrapbook for Ava. Unfortunately, it's also proof that her mommy's loony, and she'll probably use this content in some way against me when she's a teenager...
One of the main reasons I haven't been blogging as much lately is because I've actually been working...you know, actually completing projects for the company that pays me a fairly generous salary and allows me to work in my pajamas each day. I kicked it into high gear this past week, which allowed some of my guilt to subside for a little while. Plus, I have taken the rest of the year as holiday so I had to cram about 2 weeks worth of work into about 3 days. And since I'm a huge procrastinator, this meant a few nights spent working on projects until the wee hours of the morning. Being a night owl sometimes has its benefits.
Also last week, my sweet Ava had her holiday dance recital at school. My sister (aunt Jen) and Ava's cousins Ethan and Emma showed up to watch as well. Ava was so excited about her audience. Not a shy bone in this child's body...she loves to perform.



This past Saturday (12/20):
- Picked up Ava's cousins: Ethan and Emma and we all went to see Bolt in 3D. We all loved the movie and I even got a little teary eyed. Can't help it--I love animals, even animated ones.
- Ethan and Emma returned home with us and Ian took the kids to the greenbelt/park in our neighborhood to play, while I finished some laundry.
- On the way to dinner, Ava fell fast asleep in her car seat...and continued to sleep all thru dinner laying in the booth at Chili's with her head in my lap. Ethan and Emma kept asking "When is Ava going to wake up?" She of course woke up right when I was paying the bill.
- Next on our fun filled cousin sleep over party agenda - Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo.



Here's Ava having a melt down b/c I told everyone to yell "Ava's grumpy" before I took the picture. Apparently Ava doesn't like being laughed at. Then again, who does?

Zoo Lights 2008 was a hit. We enjoyed hot chocolate, cotton candy, popcorn and beautiful lights. And I got to spend quality time with my niece and nephew, which meant the world to me.
Sunday: Cooked breakfast for everyone and stayed in my pajamas for as long as possible. Sunday night we celebrated our friend, Rob's birthday at Flemings. Another wonderful night with our dear friends and neighbors. Managed to enjoy another amazing meal, this time without spending $400. Thank goodness!
Monday: Our neighbor Todd came over to watch a football game with Ian and we enjoyed pizza for dinner. Before Todd arrived, I put together the gifts for my neighbors, which consisted of yummy cookies and peppermint bark, non of which I can take credit for making. There's just some things I'm not good at, and baking is one of them. But it's the thought that counts, right?


I think my packaged goodies for the neighbors turned out pretty cute. And they have been signed, sealed and delivered. Later that evening, Rob and Jennae stopped over with their little boys (one of which is Ava's future husband), to share Rob's birthday cake with us. I always love a good excuse to eat ice cream cake!
And Tonight, we had our good friends and neighbors, Beth and Paul over for dinner and exchanged gifts. These two are like grandparents to Ava and we don't know what we would do without them in our lives. They have LOTS of their own grandchildren, and yet they manage to make us feel like a part of their family and Ava adores them. We love Beth and Paul dearly.


Well, I think I'm all caught up on my blogging for now. Except I forgot to mention that in the middle of all of the above, I managed to hit AJ's Fine Foods, Walmart, Target, wrapped a ton of presents and I even squeezed in a pedicure.
Folks, I think I'm ready for Christmas. And a good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment