And boy, am I ready for a new year! 2008 was an emotional year for me--filled with many challenges. Luckily, I'm stronger and wiser for having survived it. And I'm grateful that the last two months of '08 were happier ones having reunited with my family. This Christmas was definitely one for the record books because I actually cooked for my entire family! (And no one had food poisoning--at least not that I know of)! But more on my Christmas day dinner later...
First things first--Christmas Eve in Tucson at my Grandma's house. Need I remind anyone that this amazing woman is 91 years-old and still hosts Christmas Eve dinner at her house for my mom's side of the family. I dread the drive to Tucson on Christmas Eve day, but we did it because I'm just not sure how many more Christmas Eve's my Grandma is going to have. Yet, even with a neck brace, she looked wonderful and was just as cheerful, grateful and optimistic as ever.
Me and my mom cleaning dishes. I think we both look and feel tired.
What else can I write about Christmas Eve...well, on the way home to Phoenix that night, we stopped off at the McDonalds in Toltec to grab a cup of coffee because both Ian and I were feeling a bit drowsy. When Ava saw the golden arches, she of course perked up and asked for some chicken nuggets. Little did I know that this simple stop would trigger a set of events that ultimately led to me choking on a piece of nugget from laughing so hard at Ava repeatedly yelling "There's nothing on it" to me and Ian ("it" being ketchup on her french fry). Someone has got to request the surveillance video of our car parked at McDonalds showing me gagging outside my car door while Ian's yelling at me asking if I'm alright, while Ava's still only concerned about her naked french fry. BTW, if you see someone choking on food, don't bother asking them if they're alright because--THEY'RE BUSY CHOKING, THEY CAN'T ANSWER YOU!
Good news--I managed to cough up the stupid piece of nugget that was lodged in my throat, and Ava got her ketchup. And we made it back to our home just in time to get things ready for Santa's arrival. It's just not a Flynn family holiday, without some sort of unnecessary drama.
Christmas Morning- Santa's been Here!
Christmas Day Dinner at Mi Casa
My brother, Joel and his wife (Kelly) and their kids spent the night with us Christmas night. Logan, Braden and Ava played hide and go seek, and watched movies. I had to drag Ava to bed that night, as she was determined to stay up with her cousins and play all night long. And while everyone else went off to bed, my brother and I stayed up and chatted about life, jobs, and other stuff. Just like old times...








No comments:
Post a Comment