It's 9:55 pm here in Phoenix, AZ and it's 73 degrees outside. Earlier today it reached 85 degrees. For those of you freezing your *%# off right now in other places in the US/World, I apologize. I know I seem ungrateful for such beautiful, sunny weather. However, it's been a long, hot summer in this desert, I'm tired of running the air conditioning, and I'm desperately trying to get into the holiday spirit. This is just getting ridiculous. I'm sure all of the "snowbirds" who have flocked here for the winter from places like Minnesota and Nebraska are loving the temperatures, however I've officially had enough. I've purchased darling long-sleeved dresses and new tights for Ava and these shoes, yet because it's so dang hot, she prefers to slip on her flip-flops.
And then today while I was sweating near an open window in my office, I happened upon these darling dishes on Williams-Sonoma's website. They're called 'Cities-in-Snow" and they cost $39.95 for a set of 4.

Is that what winter looks like? I wouldn't know. I don't plan on eating off these plates, I want to hang them on my wall.
On the other hand, I do have a mini reunion picnic planned for this Saturday at this place, so perhaps I shouldn't wish away the sunshine just yet. I've reconnected with some childhood friends on Facebook, and those of us living in the Phoenix area planned this picnic so we could reunite and meet the spouses and kids. It's going to be so much fun to see people that I haven't seen since the day we graduated high school. I'll make sure to share the details and post some fun pics!
And Ian and I actually have a babysitter lined up for Saturday night! Actually our lovely neighbors arranged for the babysitter, and we're going out on a double-date to celebrate our birthdays! I can't wait to have an excuse to actually wear something pretty/slightly sexy and put on make-up. Ian probably won't recognize me, which may be a good thing. =)
Tomorrow's forecast: 81 degrees for a high... and I'm still putting on jeans and a hoodie.








No comments:
Post a Comment