I don't know where the days go anymore...they speed past me and sometimes I feel like I can barely catch my breath.


Saturday- More shopping for me and Ava at Chandler Fashion Square. Ran into my sister, her husband and Ethan and Emma. Ava was thrilled to have them to play with! We hit some stores and the play area, and then Ava had her picture with Santa for the first time. She told Santa that she wants the cupcake maker, a guitar, and a black pony like Emma. (Apparently, Emma told Ava that she asked Santa for a stuffed black pony that costs $300, so then Ava decided that she now needs that pony). Umm, I don't think so. Momma's done shopping for little Ava.
"Move faster Jordan,
be more organized,
plan ahead more,
be more patient,
be more giving,
buy more,
no--save more,
be more creative,
be more sensitive,
cook more,
read more,
analyze less, etc. etc..."
These are all the thoughts that pass thru my head on a daily basis. (Crazy, I know).
But then I always say to myself "Slow down, Jordan...perfection is over-rated. Just enjoy."
And even though I did have to stop a few times over the last 5 days to remind myself to chill, I did end up having a nice holiday weekend with my friends and family. And I still managed to also get some stuff accomplished.
Thanksgiving at my sister's house was fun and the food was yummy! Ava had an absolute blast with her cousins.
Black Friday-Ava and I went to Talbots and Bath & Body Works. And had McDonalds for lunch. Ava just wanted to get the Hippo from Madagascar 2. Daddy stayed home with a bad cold (which I'm sure to get later this week)!
Saturday- More shopping for me and Ava at Chandler Fashion Square. Ran into my sister, her husband and Ethan and Emma. Ava was thrilled to have them to play with! We hit some stores and the play area, and then Ava had her picture with Santa for the first time. She told Santa that she wants the cupcake maker, a guitar, and a black pony like Emma. (Apparently, Emma told Ava that she asked Santa for a stuffed black pony that costs $300, so then Ava decided that she now needs that pony). Umm, I don't think so. Momma's done shopping for little Ava.Saturday night- Our neighbors (Jennae and Rob) had a few people over to watch the Oregon Beavers v. Oregon Ducks football game. Jennae made yummy homemade chili and corn bread.
Sunday- Brunch at another neighbor's (Beth and Paul) house to celebrate my birthday. Enjoyed a few Mimosa's and lots of yummy food. Later in the day, I helped Ian hang the lights outside and luckily Ava was sleeping so she didn't have to hear us cursing at the lights, the house and everything else. Still need to make yet ANOTHER trip to Target for ANOTHER set of lights. I managed to get some decorating done inside...but I need a few more things from Target for the tree. I should just hand Target my paycheck next week.
The house is finally quiet. Ian just returned home from taking Nee-Nee and Lola Jean for their nightly walk, so they're finally happy and ready for bed. This is my favorite time of the day, because it's time to rest.
Good-night.








No comments:
Post a Comment