I'm not going to let the state and future state of our country/world stress me out any longer. The fact is- we have little (direct) control over many of the decisions and consequences of those decisions that are made on our behalf by the leaders elected into power by the American people. (Just look no further than Wall Street as an example). So I'm going to stay focused on the aspects in my life that I can control. And I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing, which is to try to be the best mommy, wife, employee, friend, person, etc. that I can be. I guess I'm one of the few people left in the world that believe in personal accountability.We have to be good role-models for our children, and I know personally that my Ava is watching every move we make and listening to every word we say. (Ian and I forget about that from time to time, which is why Ava has learned some "not so appropriate" words and unfortunately knows how to use them in context. LOL! I need to invest in some sound-proof earplugs for Ava to wear when she's riding in the car with us).
Seriously though--I believe we have a responsibility to shield our children from the chaos and noise of the outside world and let them remain as innocent and optimistic as possible. And in order to create this world, we have to make a real effort to stay grounded, set our own priorities for our families; and if all else fails, find laughter amidst the insanity of it all. We all have to keep our sense of humor and somehow find a real sense of joy with the simple things in life. Which is why I've recently become obsessed with finding/reading other people's blogs. I'm finding joy in discovering how other people live and how other women (similar to me) balance their busy lives. So, for the next four long years, I'm going to be immersed in the world of blogging about cooking, cleaning, decorating, parenting, traveling, etc. And I'm going to be happy.








1 comment:
First of all, SO cool that you got to be at the Biltmore the other night!
Second, SO funny that you mentioned astroturf. I only know one family who has it, and it's the couple I mentioned who lives in Anthem! Too bad we're renting...
Third, I knew I liked you, but when I opened your blog to hear Peter Gabriel, my instinct was confirmed :)
Post a Comment