Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Honorable Man

I'm really going to have to try extra hard to not be a sore loser...but the truth is, I HATE to lose. Especially by such a landslide. The only thing that makes this loss a little less painful is that McCain at least managed to still win AZ. My home state is still RED! And standing there tonight (about 20 feet away from McCain's podium), I felt so proud of Senator McCain and all that he has accomplished in his life. He is an honorable man. He walked off the stage tonight with his head held up high, knowing he gave this country his ALL. How many of us can say that? How many of us have actually had to sacrifice anything for the many blessings and opportunities this country provides us?

Here is a pic of Senator McCain's mom looking on as he gave his speech. She must be so proud of her son.

On the way home from The Biltmore, we listened to Obama's victory speech on the radio and I made a mental note of the fact that Senator Obama chose to frequently quote/refer to the ideals set forth by Abraham Lincoln. I find Obama's choice of words a bit hypocritical...but whatever.

One particular quote of Lincoln's I hope Obama will remind himself of on a regular basis over the next 4 years is as follows:

"I fully appreciate the present peril the country is in, and the weight of responsibility on me."--December 22, 1860 Letter to Alexander Stephens From Abraham Lincoln.

I wish the best of luck to the Democrats over the next 4 years. I think they're going to need it. And tomorrow, I'll try to wake up a little less bitter. I'm not going to make any promises though.

No comments: